Thursday, October 15, 2009

Doing something good

My friend Kelly over at www.mochamomma.com works at a school at which many of the high schoolers are struggling in many way. The girls are limited to purses that are smaller than a piece of paper because of safety issues, no one can carry a backpack.
.
Because many of the girls simply can't afford buying a decent purse, she's organizing a Small Purse Drive. She will collect small purses that are in good shape and then sell them to the girls for $5.00, or simply give them to the girls if they can't spare $5.00.
.
Please, start looking in your closets for small purses that haven't seen the light of day in forever and dust them off. Kelly is working out the details as to where to send them, how to make a PayPal donation, etc. so stay tuned.
.
In the meantime, go read Kelly's blog and dig out those purses to get them ready, ok?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let me know where to send them. I don't really have that many, but a friend of mine gave me a really tiny purse that I never use. If I can find it - it's yours! Well, theirs!