Thursday, March 29, 2007

Early April is hard

BabyGirl turns 6 next Tuesday, April 3.

It's a milestone I both celebrate and mourn because 6 means she's getting big, and it means she's not a little girl anymore. It's the end of an era. And because we've stopped trying to increase our family, I'll never get to parent a little girl again. Ever. She's done being a little girl and I'm done being the mom of a little girl. While I truly look forward to being the mom of a big girl, it sure was pretty great being the mom of a little girl. I celebrate how really cool she is, her curiosity and imagination, and what a neat kid she is. I can't wait to see more of who she's becoming.

And AJ turns 2 next Friday, April 6.

That's a milestone I can only mourn. It's another birthday we'll never celebrate with him, it's another year that we've missed him, it's another reminder that he's not our son.

BabyGirl said she wants a brother or sister for her birthday instead of gifts because a sibling "would be the bestest gift ever."

I think I'm going to go cry now.

1 comment:

Mocha said...

BabyGirl has the BEST. BIRTHDAY. EVER.

Yes. We share a day. In her honor, I shall have a non-caff frappuccino with extra whip and tell myself it's for the 6 year old in me.

Happy Birthday to the both of you.
Kelly
xoxo