Friday, March 23, 2007

Go figure!

The day after I posted about changing our wills, guess who popped up. Mitzie!

I'm actually relieved because she indicated that she's feeling stronger and wants to be more involved with her daughter and with us, and that means we can set aside our will-change for now. Not that I want to avoid making any decision, I just didn't want to make that decision.

She said she went back to the agency for a counseling session and that it's helped somewhat. My heart goes out to her: just a few years after BabyGirl was born and she was beginning to really deal with that loss, Mitzie's big brother was killed in a hit-and-run accident by a retired Detroit police officer who then fled the state. WHAM! Another loss of a significant person in her life. She didn't really deal with either loss and that's made involvement really painful for her.

She said she's going to continue with counseling and that she's working toward reuniting with BabyGirl. I can't believe how happy I am that she'll be a part of our everyday lives, that BabyGirl will know her deep in her heart, that Mitzie is beginning to work with the losses in her life. Mostly, I'm just tickled that those two will have each other.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Mommela, i adore you. you know this, right?